Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dodgy dealers,no finance deal but I own car, help!!!?

AFTER 8 HOURS OVER TWO DAYS IN THEIR SMARMY OFFICES I bought a car on finance, all signed up( Vision in Rainham,Essex ) Two weeks after having the car, all its documents etc transfered to me as the registered owner, the dealers called and said they%26#039;d got me a better deal and could I come and sign the forms. I said no, as its miles away and I%26#039;m not fussed about saving a tenner a month. Then they continued calling saying they%26#039;d make it worth my while if I came, then they called and said they%26#039;d come and take the car away!!!



Legally, as I am the registered owner, what can they do? I realise that there is something shifty about this so don%26#039;t want to sign another finance deal and I know legally they cannot take the car back as I am the legal registered owner. I am happy to pay for the car, but am not prepared to sign any thing else, whats the best course of action to take, I am now diverting their calls which are quite nasty, until I%26#039;ve spoken to a solicitor, just thought I%26#039;d seek advice..



Dodgy dealers,no finance deal but I own car, help!!!?

Most likely they either made an error on the paperwork, or the finance company did not approve the loan. I do not know that much about the UK laws, but if you did not sign a paper that said that the deal was subject to finance company approval, and that you would return the car if the financing was not approved, you may have a case. What are they trying to get you to sign? Have them mail or Fax you copies of the proposed changes. If the price of the car, the term (number of payments), interest rate, and monthly payments are all the same (or less) you may want to agree to the new finance source.



If not, make sure you make all payments on time to the listed lender. If they return them, saying that you have no account with them, keep copies to show you are living up to your contract!!



Dodgy dealers,no finance deal but I own car, help!!!?

Something does sound shifty. In Australia we register the car ourselves as long as you are the registered owner and havn%26#039;t defaulted in repayments I don%26#039;t see how they can take the car. You are right in your attitude towards them, is there anywhere you can seek free legal advice? How about phoning the registration office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive