Saturday, October 31, 2009

Has ant entered into a Voluntary Termination of a car finance policy with Welcome?

I am returning my car to Welcome and have made payments over half way through the policy. They are saying I need to pay more to cover insurance products I have but will not need when the car is returned. Has anyone else been through this process?



Has ant entered into a Voluntary Termination of a car finance policy with Welcome?

yes, i came across the same problem, i took advice and acted as follows:



first of all i put it in writing that i intended to take advantage of the terms of Voluntary termination of the finance and addressed it to the welcome manager.



i turned up at the welcome office and parked my car in a marked %26#039;welcome%26#039; bay. I secured the car.



in the office i asked to speak to the manager regarding the terms of my finance agreement.



I had the keys, the log book and all other documentation for the car, and the previously written letter.



I gave the whole lot to the manager, said I was taking advantage of the Voluntry termination of the policy and gave him everything i had relating to the vehicle.



the manager said i couldnt do this and would be in breech of various other things which im sure just popped into his head. I told him I knew I could because I had taken advice (I didnt say from whom but i was firm and very polite).



I asked for a reciept of the documents/keys/etc which he gave me and i told him the car was parked outside in one of their staff bays. and that i had taken photographs to prove the condition in which i had left it ( I hadn%26#039;t)



I walked out of the office and have had no communication from them since.



My parents have also done this with Black Horse finance and they even financed the next vehicle.



Just remember to be firm and keep telling them you know your rights!!! it did not affect my credit rating in any way, i asked him to put it in writing that I owed them nothing more, i had to wait for about 15 minutes but they did it!



hope this helps!



Has ant entered into a Voluntary Termination of a car finance policy with Welcome?

I have no experience with that company, but we had a vehicle lease with Ford Motor Credit. Due to a change in income, we could no longer make the payments. I called and asked them if I could just turn in the van, and they said no problem. Ten days later I got a bill for $6,000 for what I still owed on the lease that they were not able to get for the van at auction.



Make sure you get, in writing, exactly what the requirements are and what you are still responsible for. If not, it is almost guaranteed to destroy your credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive