Saturday, October 31, 2009

I need a car and fast anyone had experience of car finance in UK?

Think I read about making weekly payment for a car that might be what I am after and need it (car on road) by Monday, T.I.A.



I am in UK so no other answers would apply thanks



I need a car and fast anyone had experience of car finance in UK?

Hi there



Had quite a few motors over the years and one thing i can tell you is never go with a car dealers finance unless there%26#039;s a big incentive to do so. Usually their APR is sky high. You would be much better off going to you local bank and getting a loan through them. Shop around and check out the deals that each bank is offering. But never ever go with car finance unless you really have to.



Best wishes



idai



I need a car and fast anyone had experience of car finance in UK?

Hello,



I know this isn%26#039;t necessarily what you are asking but knowledge is power so I have to share this stuff with you.



Please do not finance a car! I know, %26quot;everyone has a car payment and it is a way of life.%26quot; Hang with me and let me show you that car payments are one of the biggest destroyers of wealth.



Let me give you a scenario. The average car payment today is about 450 USD a month. Let%26#039;s say that instead, we paid ourself this car payment. In about 11 months, we could pay cash for a $5,000 car and keep paying ourself this car payment invested in a good mutual fund that averages around 12% a year (the market average over the last 80 or so years). Lets say that every other year, we upgrade in car by about $5,000 never buying new so we are not taking the butt kicking that new car depreciation offers. If we keep paying ourself $450 a month from age 20 to 70 while taking out $5,000 every other year to upgrade our car, we will have $7,513,965 left over at age 70. Don%26#039;t believe me, do the math. At that point, go ahead and buy yourself the nicest new car you can find. You can officially afford it.



You can buy used yet reliable cars. And when you use cash, you can find some deals! I recently purchased a 5 year old VW Passat with 75K miles on it for $6,000. It books for about $9,500 but the owner was moving soon and I flashed cash at him. It should last me for years.



Could you imagine looking back at this car you want to finance in a couple of decades and know that it literally costed you millions of dollars? I know you may probably disregard this and buy the car anyway but let me encourage you to look at the big picture.



Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive